Student Entries Wanted for Neptunian Art ContestFeb 12, 2024 08:25AM ● By Mb News Staff
Calling all Manhattan Beach students: Now's your chance to enter your artwork in the Neptunian Woman's Club 44th Annual K-12 Student Art Contest.
This is Manhattan Beach's most famous annual student art contest - and it comes with cash prizes for the top three winners in each grade. All artwork will be displayed and celebrated.
The deadline for entries is March 1, which makes the upcoming Ski Week the perfect time to perfect your creations.
Submitting your artwork is a two-step process. First, complete the online form; then return your artwork at the designated drop box at your school.
Local professional artists then judge the artwork. Prizes will be given and all artwork will be displayed on March 17 at 1:00 p.m. at the Neptunian Woman's Club clubhouse in Manhattan Beach. Students do not need to be present to win.
Rules for Entry
All K-12 students who live in Manhattan Beach are welcome to enter. The rules include:
- Each student may submit a maximum of two original entries.
- Students should complete entry form survey online and drop the artwork at the designated box in the main office of the student’s school in Manhattan Beach. Make sure the artwork is labeled with the artist’s name and the artwork title.
- All entries must be original and current. The entry may not be a class project, three-dimensional, projection, photocopy or previous entry to a Neptunian Woman’s Club Art Contest.
- Photography may only be submitted by current 6th-12th grade students.
- The size of the artwork is between 5″X7″ and 24″ X 30″.
- The artwork is not under glass or in a heavy wooden frame. (Please note: Matting or Plexiglass frames are acceptable)
- All chalk or pastel artwork must be submitted in a plastic sleeve or mat to avoid damage.