Highlights From the Holiday Homes TourDec 03, 2022 11:45AM ● By Jeanne Fratello
As the Sandpipers' 30th Annual Holiday Homes Tour continues this weekend, we've rounded up a few selected highlights that make each home unique (and crave-worthy).
From exquisite hand-made stockings to a San Francisco 49ers-themed Christmas three, there's something special and intriguing about each house.
The tour, which runs through Sunday, December 4, showcases curated and distinctive homes in the South Bay, decorated and transformed by local artisans and florists.
Tickets can be purchased here for $35. Note that the addresses of the homes are not given out in advance, but are printed on the ticket.
Archemy.LA's "Squares House"
As the home base for the Archemy.LA design company, this home is all about circles, squares, bright colors - and not an inch of wasted space. A few high points not to miss include:
- A two-story open bookcase that runs between the second and third floors.
- A bright red rooftop deck
- The homeowner's own hand-painted Polish tea set in the dining area
- An irresistible guest nook on the top floor
The Sand Section Sanctuary
From the front of the house, you would never guess how bright, airy, and green the house feels from the inside. High points include:
- The multi-story bamboo plants that can be seen from every floor
- The three-story staircase that was brought in as a single piece
- The dazzling dining table decor from Tabula Rasa Essentials
- A San Francisco 49ers-themed Christmas tree
The Seaside Serenity
This house is bright and beach-y and made for family living. High points include:
- A large Statuary Calcutta marble island and backsplash in the kitchen
- Clever kid-friendly storage by Mommy Assist
- Exquisite hand-sewn stockings made by the homeowner
- Seaside-themed holiday decor by Gum Tree
The Coastal Brownstone
This home, created by Jill Johnson of Waterleaf Interiors and Waterleaf Home and Gift Store, features unique textures and colors of paint and fabrics in every room. High points include:
- A variety of different colors of trim throughout the house (not a single trim is painted white)
- A surf room for storing surfboards and wetsuits
- A cozy screening room
- An expansive backyard with pool and pool house
Marketplace and Ebike Raffle
After you're finished touring the houses, head over to the Neptunian Woman's Club for the annual Holiday Marketplace. (The public is welcome at the marketplace; no tickets required.)
The marketplace features local, artisanal vendors offering unique home decor, fine jewelry, and a Grow Café with gourmet food and drinks. 25% of all sales come back to the organization to support Sandpipers’ philanthropic efforts.
Also at the Marketplace: Enter to win a custom Model Y Ebike, sponsored by Beach E Biking.
And while you're at each home, say "hi" to the scores of volunteers who helped to make the tour happen. (Pictured: the crew at The Seaside Serenity).
The Holiday Homes Tour, now in its 30th year, attracts more than 2,000 visitors annually. It is a major fundraiser for the Sandpipers: In 2021, the Holiday Homes Tour raised over $130,000 for Sandpipers' philanthropic programs.
This year's sponsors include Chevron, Porsche South Bay, Southbay Magazine, Tiffany Lauer Interiors, Mommy Assist, Jen Caskey Group, South Bay Credit Union and Manhattan Village.
Sandpipers is a 100% volunteer organization celebrating more than 90 years of service. Sandpipers serves the needs of the South Bay community through charitable and philanthropic programs such as Back to School Shopping, Holiday Baskets, college scholarships and community service. Sandpipers Philanthropy has contributed more than $1 million and thousands of community service hours to individuals and local non-profits in need. For more information, visit www.sandpipers.org.